Well, I finished weaving the sample. I decided to try adding a band of weft using the same yarn as the warp. I was hoping to be able to use that as a border on the blankets to dress them up a little more. I wanted to get some of it woven in the sample so that I could see how it would wash-up compared to the chenille. I really like the way that it looks. I cut the sample off of the loom. I then used a zigzag stitch to secure the edges. When weaving samples, I have been trying to keep one sample as it comes off of the loom and then another sample that shows how it washes up. To do this, I run two more zigzag stitches through the sample so that I can cut it again. This time, I wanted to see how the folded edge washed up so I cut a smaller non-wash sample and put the majority of the sample through the wet finishing process. I then washed the sample in the washing machine on the gentle cycle using both cold wash & rinse and a little bit of detergent. I let it finish spinning before I placed it in the dryer until it was mostly dry.
I have started my first double-weave project on my table-top loom. I am working with 5/2 cotton spaced-dyed yarn for the warp and cotton chenille for the weft. Because it is being doubled to get twice the width from my 22" wide loom, it is plain weave (tabby). I am a little worried about keeping the fold consistent so that it unfolds smoothly. I have added a floating selvedge under strong tension to the side with the fold to help keep the edge consistent.
I have just finished weaving a sample. I will be cutting off the loom later tonight then wet finishing half of it to see how well it washes up.